About bank holidays and delayed funding at NPA
With the passing of Martin Luther King Day, we wanted to take this opportunity to answer your potential questions about bank holidays and the delayed funding that occurs as a result of these holidays.
There is a list of federal holidays (below) that the United States of America observes, during which banks are closed to the public. Because of these closures, we are unable to get the funding from your approved loan application to you until the next business day.
Note: It is important to keep these bank holidays in mind in the event that you need emergency funds!
List of bank holidays
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans’ Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve
On these federal holidays, most – if not all – major banks are closed. Loan funding will be delayed until the first business day following the bank closure.
How does delayed funding work?
Delayed funds are not specific to bank holidays. Your funding will also be delayed if you apply over the weekend. There are several things you should know about delayed funding:
- Loans must be approved before 5:55 PM PT/7:55 PM CT for the funds to be available the next business day.
- Loans are not deposited on the weekend.
- Loans approved on Friday before the cut off time will be available the following Monday or next business day.
- Loans approved on Friday after the cut off time or approved on Saturday or Sunday will be available the following Tuesday.
- Availability of your funds (on the correct business day) will simply depend on your bank, but most funds are made available to you by 10:00 AM CT/PT.
All loan funding is sent directly to your bank account through the bank routing and account number we have on file. It does take some time for the funding to process, which is why funding is not immediate and instead occurs the next business day. Since our business is online only, we do not have the capability to give customers cash, checks, or wire the funds.
When applying for a loan, whether you are a new or returning customer, we highly recommend you keep both the date and the time of your application in mind, as both of these things have the potential to affect when you receive your funds.