Valentine’s Day is almost here, and it’s the perfect day to make sweet, chocolate-y, red-and-pink desserts to celebrate! We picked out our favorite, most delicious recipes for the holiday. Enjoy!
- 1 pt. strawberries
- 2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
Directions: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Rinse your strawberries in cool water and pat dry with paper towels. In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate is completely melted. Dip strawberries in chocolate and place on parchment paper. Refrigerate until chocolate hardens. Enjoy!
Author’s Tip: Melt about 2 tbsp. of white chocolate chips and lightly drizzle white chocolate over your chocolate coated strawberries. Sprinkle a dash of red or pink sprinkles on top and bravo, festive chocolate covered strawberries!
- 3 c. all-purpose flour, plus more for surface
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. milk
- pink and red frosting
Directions: In a bowl, whisk flour, salt, and baking powder together. In a separate bowl, use a mixer to beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add milk, egg, and vanilla – beat until combined. Slowly add flour mixture until totally mixed. Once combined, shape dough into a disk and wrap in plastic – refrigerate for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Lightly flower your work surface and roll out dough until 1/8” thick. Cut into hearts using a cookie cutter and place on baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes. Once cool, frost with pink and red frosting and add sprinkles!
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- flaky sea salt, for topping, optional
- fruit for dipping (such as bananas or strawberries)
Directions: Cut/prepare fruit to be dipped. To make the fondue, combine chocolate, milk, and butter in a small bowl and melt in the microwave for about two minutes. Stir until smooth. Add vanilla and salt – stir. Serve immediately! If fondue starts to harden, microwave in bursts of 15 seconds until re-melted.
- 1/2 prepared pound cake, crumbled (a little more than 2 c.)
- 3/4 c. Betty Crocker “Whipped” Whipped Cream Frosting
- 1 c. chopped (6-8 large) strawberries
- 2 c. white chocolate (melted)
- lollipop sticks (available at Michael’s or JoAnn Fabrics)
- heart-shaped sprinkles
Directions: Mix pound cake, frosting, and chopped strawberries in a bowl. Roll into 1 ½ inch balls. Twist one lollipop stick halfway into the center of each cake ball. Freeze until firm. Dip cake balls into melted white chocolate, coating cake completely. Add a dash of sprinkles. Chill until ready to eat!
- ½ c. salted butter, softened
- 1 c. packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. red gel or liquid food color (use 2 1/2 teaspoons if needed)
- 1 ¾ c. Original Bisquick™ mix
- ¼ c. unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 c. white chocolate chips (add 1/2 cup more if desired)
Directions: Heat oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar with a mixer until fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla, and food color. Add Bisquick mix and cocoa – beat until combined. Stir in chips. Place dough in round spoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes. Cool.